The Supply Chain Manager is responsible for ensuring qualified products are sourced, purchased, received, and distributed to the production floor. They also ensure that manufacturing operations are planned and scheduled to support sales. This key leadership role has a high degree of responsibility to ensure uninterrupted flow of work. A successful Supply Chain Manager is able to use their resourcefulness and strong business acumen to obtain material that supports both operational and financial goals. They use industry recognized methods for material tracking, traceability, and production control. This position requires exceptional attention to detail and a high level of professionalism.
Key Responsibilities include:
Use sales and operations planning to align supply with demand.
Provide input on sourcing selection to the engineering department and source materials based on the technical requirements.
Use the company’s ERP system to create purchase orders and obtain material from world-wide sources.
Lead the inbound/outbound logistics management functions which includes negotiating best value relationships with carriers.
Support the material receiving inspection process ensuring only approved materials enter the facility.
Perform inventory management functions such as inventory counts, proper storage of sensitive material, and barcoding/labeling.
Pull, kit, and stage production material such as purchased parts, manufactured assemblies, COTS items, and consumables.
Ensure factory-wide production schedules are created, maintained, and reported on.
Supervise a team of supply chain and production support personnel to include performance management, assignment of duties, training, coaching, and time off.
Proactively identify, assess, and respond to supply chain risks.
Create and communicate relevant reports and metrics on supply chain and production performance.
Use lean manufacturing techniques to improve inventory management and control costs.
Games Composites is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building and maintaining a culturally diverse workplace. We encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status of protected veteran, among other things or status as a qualified individual with a disability.
Experience and Qualifications required:
- 5 years’ experience in supply chain management.
- 3 years’ experience in a manufacturing setting, preferably in aerospace or a similarly regulated industry.
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain, business, operations, or similar.
- APICS CSCP or CPIM certification.
- Experience building and using an electronic QMS and ERP.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Analytical skills to evaluate data and make decisions of significance.
- Ability to manage and execute multiple projects and priorities.
Personal attributes that support your success
- High emotional intelligence.
- Fiscal responsibility with a keen interest in data.
- Intellectual curiosity, entrepreneurial, creative thinker and problem-solver, fast learner, with demonstrated initiative.
- High level of maturity and ability to work in a team setting or independently.
- Willing to roll up your sleeves to help drive results.
- Unquestionable ethics and personal integrity.