Shift: M – F; 7:00am – 3:30pm
Employment Type: Direct hire; non-exempt
COST is a theme construction company that fabricates and manufactures custom creative projects for museums, theme and water parks, aquariums, zoological exhibits, and other unique clients. The Production Manager oversees the production facility operations ensuring the achievement of production objectives at the lowest cost consistent with the company quality standards and customer delivery requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Prioritize, schedule and delegate work assignments to ensure the achievement of production objectives at the lowest cost consistent with company quality requirements.
- Manage shop employees, providing overall direction and coordination. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsible for all interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems within assigned departments.
- Establish production schedules to ensure timely delivery of customer products. Plan production operations, establishing priorities and sequences for meeting deadlines and production goals.
- Continually evaluate processes and methods, recommend measures to improve production methods, equipment, performance, utilization of people, and quality of work product.
- Develop plans for the maximum utilization of materials, equipment and employees. Recommend measures to improve production methods, equipment, performance, utilization of people, and quality of product.
- Ensure the completion of all required production paperwork, records, documentation, such as time cards, quality records, etc.
- Communicate with various departments on potential production issues or needs.
- Act as a technical resource to address and resolve inquiries and problems.
- Review production costs and product quality; modify production and inventory control programs to maintain and enhance profitable operation of division.
- Review applicable reports, and resolve operational, manufacturing, and maintenance problems to ensure minimum costs and prevent operations delays.
- Ensure proper maintenance of equipment and work areas, and establish appropriate housekeeping standards.
- Provide input to Safety Manager in the creation of policies and procedures to ensure compliance with OSHA, environmental and various regulatory agencies.
- In partnership with the Safety Manager, enforce safety and work rules and company housekeeping standards. Ensure compliance with all quality, safety and sanitation regulations.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as requested or required.
Knowledge and Skill
- Motivator who sparks enthusiasm while directly promoting and implementing organizational policies and procedures
- Analytical thinker who logically breaks down problems and looks for solutions.
- Flexible to change, and able to multitask and shift direction based on changing needs and deadlines.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret blueprints, customer specifications, general business documents, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports and business correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, customers, and other employees of the organization. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as algebraic formulas, fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Associate or bachelor degree, and/or equivalent combination of education, training, or experience.
- Company credit card for company purchases and travel
- Paid time off
- 8 paid holidays
- Company paid basic life and long term disability insurance
- Medical insurance
- Voluntary insurance: dental, short term disability, term life, critical illness, and accident insurance
- Quarterly variable pay bonus
- Use hands to handle or feel; stand; walk; climb or balance; stop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk and hear.
- Close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Lift 70 lbs. floor to waist; lift 90 lbs. waist to chest; lift 25 lbs. chest to overhead; carry 50 lbs. over a distance of 50 ft.; push a 100 lbs. wheeled cart over a distance of 100 ft.; and drag 50 lbs. over a distance of 100 ft.
- Exposed to typical noises and smells associated with the production environment, such as exposure to fumes or airborne particles and production machinery. Noise level is moderate to loud.
The above statements reflect the general details necessary to describe the principle functions of the occupation and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work that may be inherent in the occupation. COST of Wisconsin, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity workplace.
Job Type: Full-time