Thank you for applying to this opportunity! All applicants must upload a resume to apply for this role. Any candidate needing special accommodations may contact [email protected] for assistance. The annual salary for this role is $130K-$140K.
We’re looking for highly motivated people to bring their unique skills to our mission to end hunger by organizing food, information and support for community survival and dignity.
As New York City's largest hunger relief charity, the Food Bank For New York City offers a diverse and inclusive workplace, professional development opportunities, and a culture of promoting from within. Our core values, Integrity, Teamwork, Impact, Transparency, Learning and Service chart our course.
Food Bank For New York City is excited to look for our next Director, Warehouse Operations. We are looking for a thoughtful strategic leader who understands feeding our community, through a variety of stakeholders, is our top priority. The ideal candidate will be able to think and understand the intersections of food insecurity, distribution programs, logistics, warehouse operations, food industry and supply chain to distribute more food across our hundreds of member agencies and partners.
The Director of Warehouse Operations is responsible for overseeing and directing the management of food and warehouse distribution operations in the general areas of warehouse operations, warehouse staff, delivery schedules, inventory oversight, shipping and receiving logistics; compliance with AIB, Feeding America, USDA, OSHA and other relevant standards; overseeing agency and community partnerships, USDA programs including TEFAP, EFAP, and CSFP.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Direct the organization's daily warehouse operations, ensuring efficient, safe, and productive staffing assignments and other resources allocation. Use production planning methods to develop effective schedules and plans.
· Foster and lead a positive, team oriented, performance-based culture in the warehouse featuring being openness, transparency and personnel development.
·Conduct regular meetings with warehouse managers and with all warehouse staff, encouraging the sharing of concerns with suggestions for improvements
· Track and analyze key metrics and continuously strive to meet or exceed KPI's. Actively create action plans based on observed results. Drive high performance for key performance metrics: Inventory accuracy, warehouse productivity and optimal space utilization.
· Be able to control per delivery cost efficiency through target setting and maintaining/achieving performance standards, while building on operational/process improvements.
· Provide continual evaluation & document revisions as needed of processes and procedures to meet and/or exceed requirements, champion continuous improvement activity within the facility.
· Direct efficient management of all warehouse facility and distribution operations as per above
· Develop and update existing written policies and procedures to ensure effective, efficient, and safe operations
· Perform & document a monthly safety inspection outlining deficiencies of the warehouse. Propose and document timelines for all required repairs and improvements for deficiencies discovered during inspections.
· Analyze existing processes and workflows, identify problems or bottlenecks, account for variances, drive root-cause analysis and implement improved methods and procedures.
· Participate in budget planning, management of specific budget items, and reporting of department activities, as well as validates all invoices
· Keep the organization informed about all Feeding America, as well as State and Federal government contracts, disaster programs, etc. Ensure Food Bank inclusion in plans and fulfillment of reporting requirements
· Work with appropriate staff to identify needs and opportunities for the department. Develop plans to address issues and/or engage opportunities
· Partner with the Volunteer Engagement team and others as required to ensure the successful implementation of the organization’s repack program
· Serve as the primary liaison with auditors (Federal/City/State, etc.)
· Plans ancillary work requirements in alignment with budget and direction from VP
· Develops and drives culture of accountability through daily assessments and operational evaluation
· Directly accountable for the successful implementation and assessment and transition of all new operational initiatives
· Perform additional duties as assigned.
· B.A. or B.S. Degree – Required
· 8-10 years of experience in warehouse, distribution and facilities management, including at least five years as a supervisor, preferably in a food industry environment
· A professionally mature, strong leader able to take ownership of their department and area of expertise.
· The ideal candidate is a quick, adaptable, well-organized and reliable team player who handles pressure well, has excellent analytical, communication, presentation skills and offers a collegial and professional manner and outlook
· Create a positive team dynamic that encourages all employees in the warehouse to: provide feedback and drive change within the facility, adapt to the ever-changing business and stay focused on excellent customer service
· High level of analytical, data interpretation, and problem-solving skills
· Exceptional written and verbal communications skills; excellent organizational skills with high attention to detail and follow through.
· Demonstrated independent judgment and problem-solving skills.
· Rock solid integrity and ability to manage difficult situations with professionalism and tact.
· Ability to interact with individuals at all levels of the organization and across multi- cultural and generational backgrounds
· Experience with or knowledge of social service/hunger issues a plus.
· Strong management, supervisory, communications and interpersonal skills
· Possesses a demonstrated skill at conflict resolution
· Knowledge of latest warehousing, distribution, and inventory technology and procedures
· Computer proficiency, including familiarity with MS Office.
· Demonstrated experience with process improvement methodology (Kaizen, 6Sigma, LEAN, VSM) is a plus
· Experience with or knowledge of social service/hunger issues a plus
· Demonstrated commitment to continuous process improvement
· Demonstrated commitment to Food Bank’s core values
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $130,000.00 - $140,000.00 per year
Ability to commute/relocate:
Work Location: One location
Help us keep our content clean, is there anything wrong with this job? Please report it and we'll update or remove it.Report job
What issue did you find on this job?