Central Supply Clerk
07 Mar 2023
Elba Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, LLC
Full-time position with competitive wages and excellent benefit package.
Apply for this job
Under the direction of the Executive Director or designee, assumes responsibility for
maintaining adequate stock of supplies and materials needed to provide quality care to all
residents, and verifies that Facility staff has the essentials needed to perform their jobs.
1. Receives and counts stock items and records data manually or using the computer.
2. Packs or unpacks items to be stocked in Central Supply.
3. Verifies inventory by comparing to physical counts of stock.
4. Responsible for maintaining stock in a secure location and minimizing theft.
5. Keeps records of damaged stock.
6. Maintains adequate levels of supplies, ordering when necessary.
7. Examines and inspects stock items for wear or defects, reporting damage to
8. Prepares and maintains purchasing files, reports and price lists.
9. Prepares purchase orders and sends copies to suppliers and to departments
10. Communicates with Support Office regarding purchasing request, purchase
orders, vendor issues, etc.
1. Supports the Mission, Values and Vision of the Facility.
2. Is knowledgeable of resident rights and supports an atmosphere which allows for
the privacy, dignity and well-being of all residents in a safe, secure environment.
3. Supports, cooperates with, and implements specific procedures and programs for:
OSHA and safety, including universal precautions and safe work practices,
established fire/safety/disaster plans, risk management, and security, report and/or
correct unsafe working conditions, equipment repair and maintenance needs.
4. Adheres to:
a. Confidentiality of all data, including resident, employee and operations
b. HIPAA regulations
c. Quality Assurance requirements and compliance with regulatory
d. Compliance with current law and policy to provide a work environment
free from sexual harassment and illegal and discriminatory behavior.
e. Code of Conduct and Compliance Programs when performing job
5. Supports and participates in common teamwork:
a. Cooperates and works together with all co-workers; plans and completes
job duties with minimal supervisory direction, including appropriate
b. Uses tactful, appropriate communications in sensitive and emotional
c. Follows up as appropriate with supervisor, co-workers or residents
regarding reported complaints, problems and concerns.
d. Promotes positive public relations with residents, family members and
e. Completes requirements for in-service training, acceptable attendance,
uniform and dress codes including personal hygiene, and other work
duties as assigned.
f. Participates as assigned in the orientation of new staff and demonstrates a
positive, helpful, and enthusiastic attitude.
6. Immediately reports incidents of alleged resident abuse or neglect or alleged
violations of residents' rights to Supervisor or Executive Director.
7. Maintains current practice standards or changes by participating in educational
opportunities provided by the Facility and outside resources.
Education/Training: Possesses a high school diploma or prior experience relevant to the
position. Must have knowledge of applicable standards of inventory and finance.
A.D.A ((Americans with Disabilities Act)(as amended)) REQUIREMENTS: Must be
able to bend, stoop, push, pull, and walk and stand for most of the working day. Requires
manual dexterity sufficient to operate standard office machines such as fax, telephone,
etc. Requires normal range of hearing and vision. Must be free from communicable
diseases that pose a "direct threat" to the health or safety of others and which cannot be
eliminated by a reasonable accommodation. Must be able to lift a minimum of 50
pounds, and be able to carry and transport supplies. Must be able to pass a post-offer, preemployment
physical health examination as a condition of employment. Must be capable
of performing the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable
Skill(s): Must possess proficient reading, writing, grammar, and mathematics skills;
proficient interpersonal relations and communication skills; decision-making skills, basic
computer skills; and be able to operate various medical and/or office equipment. Must
demonstrate knowledge of safety techniques. Must be able to communicate in English,
both verbally and in writing, and possess sufficient communication skills to perform the
Experience: One year of experience in a related field is preferred.
Help us keep our content clean, is there anything wrong with this job? Please report it and we'll update or remove it.
What issue did you find on this job?