This general production position performs a variety of important roles throughout the production facilities that include, but is not limited to unpackaging, processing, or packaging a variety of beef, pork and poultry products. This organized, deadline oriented, self-starter will have the ability to handle protein products that may include verifying quality and accuracy of products, packaging, manufacturing, weighing and shipping product, all while making safety and food safety a priority.
We Are Kemin
We are visionaries who see things differently and are inspired by the world around us.
We have been dedicated to using applied science to improve the quality of life for over half a century.
We are a global ingredient manufacturer that strives to sustainably transform the quality of life every day for 80 percent of the world with its products and services.
For over half a century, Kemin has been dedicated to using applied science to address industry challenges and offer product solutions to customers in more than 120 countries. Kemin provides ingredients to feed a growing population with its commitment to the quality, safety and efficacy of food, feed and health-related products to customers in more than 120 countries.
Established in 1961, Kemin is a privately held, family-owned-and-operated company with more than 2,800 global employees and operations in 90 countries, including manufacturing facilities in Belgium, Brazil, China, India, Italy, Russia, San Marino, Singapore, South Africa and the United States.
As a Kemin team member, you’ll receive…
- A competitive financial package- in addition to your salary, we offer an uncapped bonus opportunity, 401k match program, and paid vacation and holidays.
- Robust health and wellness support- we are proud to offer a fitness reimbursement (for your whole family!), an on-site fitness center, restaurant with seasonal fresh food options (and the ability to order food to bring home), and free fresh fruit in break areas- to name a few.
- Continued learning opportunities- Kemin offers tuition reimbursement and recently launched a new corporate university with online and in-person training opportunities for growth and development throughout your entire career.
- The chance to give back to our world- Through our foundation of servant leadership, we are proud to offer ample service opportunities, including paid time off to do so. Kemin has a valued corporate partnership with both The World Food Programme and Habitat for Humanity, in addition to many local initiatives.
- Opportunities to support our valued educators- Kemin is a proud sponsor of the Iowa Governor's Stem Advisory Council where we fund annual teacher's awards. In addition, we have a robust internship and externship program, and frequently host student tours.
- Ability to perform and verify the quality and accuracy of products, packaging, while weighing, labeling, bagging, packing and boxing finished products.
- Perform equipment operations and assist in maintenance that may include:
- Placing product into tanks, injectors, or emulsifiers
- Filling hoppers to correct amounts and monitoring materials
- Checks machines on regular intervals
- Support and comply with all policies and procedures that ensure food safety, including cleanliness and housekeeping in all work areas. This includes responsibility for Safe Quality Food (SQF) for BRC compliance, HACCP, CCP tasks, sanitation, and all support program implementation.
- Remains engaged and active in the avoidance and observation of unsafe acts or conditions; takes immediate corrective action where necessary. Must be committed to maintaining a safe and healthy working environment.
- A high school diploma or equivalent, and one (1) year experience in a manufacturing setting, preferably in a food-processing environment.
- Good reading, writing, basic math, communication, and organizational skills.
- Must be able to effectively communicate and understand basic instructions in English from supervision.
- Generally requires standing the duration of the shift, the use of stairs, and the use of Personal Protective Equipment (i.e. safety equipment) such as bump caps, hair/beard nets, earplugs, cotton and/or stainless steel mesh gloves, arm guards, protective aprons, etc. Must be able to repetitively lift, push and pull up to 50 pounds while exposed to wet and/or humid conditions with slippery surfaces at varied heights; moving mechanical parts; fast paced cold/cool environment.
Kemin is an equal opportunity employer, and all reasonable accommodations will be considered.
A post-offer background check and drug screen is required. Additional pre-employment requirements may be necessary based on position.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $20.10 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Florence, AL 35630: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: In person