The Practice Manager position is responsible for managing the day-to-day personnel and operations of Oral and Facial Surgery of the Shoals. Excellent patient care, customer service and operational efficiency are key duties of the Practice Manager. Ensuring the team is trained, engaged, and prepared to support the practice surgeon is important to quality patient care, practice reputation, and business profitability. The Practice Manager will deliver incremental value by investigating problems identified through analysis, working closely with practice team members, and the HighFive Healthcare team.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Operations & Planning:
- Gains a thorough understanding of patient and practice needs and uses that knowledge to help deliver best-in-class services.
- Leads team meetings, organizes schedules, mentors staff, and administers annual performance reviews.
Delivery & Execution:
- Ensure relationships with referring dentists are managed effectively.
- Documents, reviews and implements training and quality standards in line with best-in-class services.
- Participates in daily standups, ensuring a well-organized practice and iterates workflows to eliminate inefficient work processes.
- Completes daily/monthly reports and manages cash flow. Works within the annual budget provided to each practice/office.
- Works closely with HR team recruiting for vacant positions to avoid understaffing scenarios. Assists in scheduling interviews with candidates interested in open positions at the practice.
- Fosters collaboration with team members to drive value and collectively identify and resolve issues.
- Regularly works with practice team to ensure efficient day to day schedule of procedures, estimates and billing are completed in a timely manner.
- Exhibit active listening, mentors team members and holds staff accountable for service excellence.
Education and Experience:
- College degree from a four-year college or university (preferred)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, and Power Point) (required) and the Practice Management Software of specific practice. (WINOMS, DSN, OMSVision)
- Able to communicate issues and solutions to practice staff and HighFive Healthcare Team
- Thrives in a busy, fast paced, and ever-growing environment
- Excellent team player who can also thrive in a collaborative environment
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated people management experience. Ability to lead, train, and motivate a team
- Experience in an Oral Surgery practice is highly preferred