Badcock Home Furniture &more is one of the largest home furniture retailers in the southeast. We're proud to say that we've been serving the community and providing career opportunities for more than a century. There are currently over 380 Badcock stores in eight states, and our headquarters in Mulberry, Florida, employs more than 1,200 dedicated team members.
Whether you are an experienced professional or you're just embarking on a new career path, our job opportunities offer growth, advancement and competitive pay and benefits. Come join our diverse team who help families turn their houses into homes.
Responsible to assist the store manager and fill in during the absence of the store manager in supervision of all store activities including; sales, account management, deliveries, and store operations.
Assists the store manager in the following activities;
1. Greets customers; provides product and program information, demonstrates product features and explains benefits.
2. Strives to turn every potential consumer into a satisfied Badcock customer.
3. Responds to customer inquiries.
4. Takes, verifies and processes customer orders and payments.
5. Inputs customer sales orders and credit agreement/application information in the computer.
6. Prepares and explains credit agreement.
7. Accepts and inputs customer payments and returns correct.
8. Sends correspondence and maintains store records as needed.
9. Solicits additional business through telephone and card mailings.
10. Post delivery follow-up.
11. Prepares merchandise price tags as required.
12. Learns and complies with the company’s loss prevention program, works in a safe manner, identifies and resolves unsafe conditions that may result in property damage or personal injury.
13. Performs such other duties and accepts such other responsibilities as are necessary and appropriate for the efficient operation of the store.
14. Assist the store manager in directing, supervising and coordinating employees engaged in sales, account management, delivery and daily store operations.
15. Responsible to perform a variety of customer service functions inside the store. Reviews credit applications and assist customers to maintain current accounts.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
1. High school diploma / GED
2. Six month to one year retail sales, customer service experience.
3. Ability to work flexibility involving work hours, including weekends.
4. Ability to operate general office equipment.
5. Computer data entry.
6. Ability to use a calculator to perform fundamental math calculations.
7. Ability to communicate effectively with customers, and personnel; assimilate information and make decisions; work under pressure in a detailed, organized manner.
8. Ability to plan and organize daily work activities.
9. Ability to work independently in the absence of direct supervisor.
10. Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
11. Ability to sit, lift, stand, walk, bend, twist, stoop and kneel.
Employee Benefits Include:
COMPANY PAID LIFE INSURANCE
EMPLOYEE MERCHANDISE DISCOUNT
MEDICAL, DENTAL, AND VISION
PERSONAL AND VACATION PAID TIME OFF
DAYCARE REIMBURSEMENT PLAN
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug Free Workplace
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $35,000.00 - $55,000.00 per year
Weekly day range:
Work Location: In person
Help us keep our content clean, is there anything wrong with this job? Please report it and we'll update or remove it.Report job
What issue did you find on this job?