Job Title: Motor Vehicle Mechanic II
The duties under this job title are described in the Service Contract Act (SCA), Directory of
Occupations. (See Code: 05190 - Motor Vehicle Mechanic).
Location: Fort Rncker- AL
Reports to: Heavy Equipment Mechanic - Lead
Performs Field aud Sustaimnent Level maintenance such as, but not limited to troubleshooting equipment, diagnosing systems malfunctions, identifying corrective actions on servicing or repairs on military and commercial equipment as prescribed in the equipment Technical Manuals (TM's), Commercial
Equipment Manuals, and all other applicable manuals.
- Must become familiar with some but not limited to the following types of equipment, sub-systems, support equipment and related systems such as, cranes, pumps, compressors, and a wide assortment of wheel vehicles that are below 7 1/2-ton weight limit including trailers that accompany the prime mover if required.
- Mechanics will be capable of repairing equipment to Army standards using the appropriate, to include but not limited to, Technical Manuals (TM), Commercial Off the Shelf(COTS) Manuals and all other applicable manuals.
- Perform maintenance in accordance with the standards to include, but not be limited to, AR 750-8,
DA PAM 750-8, with in the Prescribe Work Statement (PWS) - Material Maintenance sections 5.1 -5.10 and all other applicable publications
- Dismantles and reassembles equipment, using Technical Manuals (TM's) and/or Electronic Technical
- Have a working knowledge of how to operate lifting devices, haud and pneumatic tools. Repair, and replace components, engines, transmission, and sub - assemblies.
- Assist team members in solving maintenance problems by analysis and troubleshooting.
- Maintains appropriate government required paperwork such as, but not limited to: DA Form 2407,
DA Form 2404 and files (Job Packets) necessary for the maintenance and repair of the equipment.
- Engaged in cleaning parts and assisting with assembly and disassembly of equipment.
- Ensure all deficiencies and parts are annotated properly on all forms as required by Army Regulations and applicable policies and procedures.
- Provides preventative maintenance for all equipment associated with the petformance of maintenance where applicable. Maintain shop housekeeping and physical image of shop.
- Must be capable of lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling loads up to 50 lbs Must be able to climb, crawl, stoop, bend, squat, and reach as required to work on equipment.
- Maintains tools and equipment, and cleans work areas to maintain a safe work environment. Be able to work outside in inclement weather conditions when necessary.
- Ensure that all tasks are performed safely and meet Government/Army standards when applicable.
- Wearing safety items of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) e.g. gloves, safety shoes, protective eyewear, hearing protection, and other items such as aprons or outerwear as appropriate.
- Employee is required to maintain a valid state-issued Driver's license and applicable
- Assist in performing additional duties such as, but not limited to, Key Control, HAZMAT
Coordinator, Site Specific Spill Plan Coordinator, Fire Marshall, special project management, maintenance of facilities and equipment, or to serve as a member of a team to cope with natural disasters or civil emergencies, as required.
- Provides preventative maintenance for all equipment associated with the perfonnance of maintenance where applicable. Maintain shop housekeeping and physical image of shop.
- Perform other duties as required to support the mission and contractual requirements.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills; proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to complete and prioritize tasks on multiple concurrent projects within given timeframes.
- Work well in a team environment and able to work with a diverse group of people.
- Discretion and trustworthiness due to frequent contact with confidential material.
- Communicate with co-workers, management, clients and all others in a courteous and professional manner.
- Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures, and instructions.
Edncation and Citizenship Requirements
- Candidate must be a U.S. citizen and ideally have completed prerequisite training for Army Military
Occupational Specialty (MOS) 91L20/30 - Construction Equipment Repairer- Wheeled VehicleMechanic and have equivalent training with 4-6 years of maintenance experience in the grade ofE-5 to E-6.
- Candidate must possess a working knowledge of the appropriate tools necessaty to perform maintenance tasks as well as have knowledge of standardized maintenance regulations - specifically
DA Pam 750-8, Functional User's Manual for The Army Maintenance Management System(TAMMS).
- Desirable: 05-06 years of experience w/High School Diploma or GED certificate
- Required: Certification from the National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) or equivalent organization is highly desirable.
- Required: US nationality/citizenship and residence, with verbal and written fluency in English.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $24.00 - $26.59 per hour
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Fort Rucker, AL 36362: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: In person