Job Title: Cardiothoracic Surgeon
Location: Gadsden, Alabama
Salary: We are offering a comprehensive financial package to the right candidate, including a competitive salary based on MGMA guidelines and a 12-month salary subsidy from the hospital, as well as a commencement bonus, medical education debt assistance, fellowship stipend (if applicable) and relocation expenses.
Job Summary: We are seeking an experienced or new graduate Cardiothoracic Surgeon to join our team in Gadsden, Alabama. The ideal candidate will possess excellent surgical skills, a critical mindset and the ability to anticipate and address potential issues or uncertainties. Vascular training in addition to Cardiothoracic training is preferred.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Perform surgery and other medical procedures for diagnosis or treatment of cardiothoracic conditions
- Manage hospitalized and ambulatory patients, providing consultation and follow-up care
- Effectively communicate with other medical staff and personnel
- Ensure compliance with all relevant regulations and protocols
- Keep timely and accurate medical records
- MD or DO degree
- Completion of a Cardiothoracic Surgery Residency
- Board certified/eligible in Cardiothoracic Surgery
- Active medical license in the State of Alabama
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Experience and Skills:
- Proficiency in cardiac, thoracic and vascular surgical procedures
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to handle multiple cases and prioritize
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
Why Join Us: We are looking for an experienced and motivated Cardiothoracic Surgeon to join our team. Our practice is hospital owned and offers an IP/OP mix, with a 1:2 call and clinic on-campus in an adjoining building to the main hospital. We offer excellent benefits and a comprehensive financial package, as well as J1 visa sponsorship. We are committed to providing a supportive work environment and a great patient experience.