Substance Abuse Counselor
07 Mar 2023
It's Your Move, LLC
Apply for this job
As a Substance Abuse Counselor, you will be required to:
- Coordinate care with the interdisciplinary team
- Provide substance abuse counseling
- Offer psychoeducational opportunities families and friends of clients
- Develop individual treatment plans
- Maintain current case notes, documentation, and records
- Provide crisis interventions, as needed
- Provide referrals to outside agencies
- Participate in professional development opportunities
- Assist in community outreach and community education
- Be an advocate for medication assisted treatment
- Candidates must have a minimum of a bachelor's degree in a behavioral science field, although master's degree preferred.
- Two years experience in substance abuse counseling and/or case management preferred.
- Certified Addictions Counselors (CAC), Licensed Addiction Counselors (LAC), or those who are in the process of obtaining their CAC, LPC, or LMSW are also preferred.
- Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Candidate must be dependable, punctual, people-oriented, adaptable, organized, and comfortable with a fast-paced environment. Candidate must have excellent attention to detail.
- Working knowledge of service delivery to individuals with mental health / substance abuse / developmental disability diagnosis is required
- Must provide all services and documentation in compliance with all State, Federal, and HIPAA Standards Policies and Procedures
- Malpractice Insurance (no prior claims)
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: From $25.00 per hour
COVID-19 precautions utilized.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Gadsden, AL 35901: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Addiction counseling: 2 years (Preferred)
Work Location: In person
Help us keep our content clean, is there anything wrong with this job? Please report it and we'll update or remove it.
What issue did you find on this job?