Vendor Managed Inventory (VMI) Driver is an employee that delivers and manages inventory at customer's designated sites. Performs the physical or administrative tasks involved in storing, distributing and order fulfillment of merchandise, products, materials, parts, supplies and equipment. Verifies goods distribution against purchase orders or invoices while pulling and staging orders for both VMI and Non-VMI customers. Conducts inventory tasks in accordance with VMI procedures.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive company vehicles to transport and deliver goods to designated locations in a safe manner and in compliance with all State and Federal DOT standards and regulations.
- Works to ensure the accuracy of shipments to the customer.
- Assist with the VMI customer space/placement, sets up the appropriate area to receive shipment of material and stocks product in the customer's designated area.
- Follows the customer order through from pick-up at AWI’s warehouse/DC to delivery and set up at customer site.
- Takes customer spot buy orders when needed and relays the information to the CSR or Account Rep.
- Scans barcodes at customer site to generate customer orders.
- Perform VMI functions at vending point of use areas: loading, receiving and minor repairs or changes, including mandatory communication with direct supervisor and the sales team.
- Maintains awareness of min/max, reorder point/quantity and reports observations back to managements.
- Recommends changes to the customer inventory levels based on usage.
- Ensures that bar code labels are up to date and legible for scanners to read and advised management when new barcode labels are needed.
- Assist in the annual inventory (cycle) counts on consigned
- Performs other duties as requested.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum 1 year experience or training in warehouse, inventory counting or delivery
- The ability to drive a box truck and pass D.O.T physical.
- Valid driver's license that complies with AWI's standards.
- Willingness to learn and work on assignments that are semi-routine in nature.
- Must be a self-starter with the willingness to work with supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to get the job done correctly and in a timely manner.
- Possess a proactive and positive team approach to problem resolution.
- Must have the ability to establish strong working relationships with customers, co-workers and management.
- Willing to gain knowledge of company products.
- Ability to represent AWI in a professional manner.
Work Environment & Physical Demands:
Reasonable accommodations will be evaluated and may be implemented to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions of this position.
- May be required to handle hazardous materials and wear various forms of protective equipment (shoes, gloves, protective eyewear, etc.).
- Required to properly operate and control a motor vehicle.
- Sitting, standing, walking, squatting/kneeling, reaching, grasping, pushing/pulling, twisting/bending, lifting/carrying multiple times per shift, fingering, talking, hearing, and seeing.
- May be required to lift and carry up to 75 pounds; must have the ability to handle physical inventory that requires hand dexterity.
- May work in extreme hot or cold environments; various facilities may have dusty conditions.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $15.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- No nights
- No weekends
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Hot Springs National Park, AR 71901: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Inventory control: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Required)
Work Location: In person