- Looking for a personable Front Office Assistant at our dental office located in Hot Springs Village, Arkansas. This new hire will ensure that dental patients’ appointments are appropriately scheduled, rescheduled, or canceled, depending on the needs of the patients.
The Front Office Assistant's responsibilities include entering patient information into our data system, answering patients’ questions, and arranging referrals to other dental specialists. You will also be assisting our Regional Manager in gathering content for social media when needed. You should also be able to prepare billing statements.
To be successful working in dental office, you should be able to organize and maintain patient waiting areas as well as front-desk areas. Ultimately, a top-performing Patient Care Coordinator will perform all duties in a manner that ensures the efficient running of our dental practice.
Front Office Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Experience with filing insurance claims is a must.
- Greeting and welcoming patients to the practice.
- Scheduling, rescheduling, or canceling appointments as needed.
- Assisting patients to fill out information forms.
- Preparing patients’ charts and daily schedules for the dental staff.
- Updating patient records and documenting recent treatments and procedures.
- Scheduling follow-up appointments and providing telephonic reminders.
- Communicating with medical insurance providers to determine if patients are required to make co-payments.
- Verifying methods of payment and collecting payments as needed.
- Performing general office duties, such as answering telephones, photocopying, filing and faxing.
Front Office Assistant Requirements
- High school diploma or GED.
- Proven experience working in a medical or dental office.
- At least three references (Preferably work related or previous employers)
- Working knowledge of general administrative practices.
- Good telephone etiquette.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Great Verbal & Communication skills.
- Outgoing Personality.
- Accounts Receivable Experience a plus.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Work Location: One location