CENTERS, LLC is a professional management firm specializing in facility, operation, and program management for higher education. CENTERS' management approach is customized for each client yet retains our uniform quality. Our firm unites site staff with a centralized administrative team, each contributing to the firm's goals and client needs. The CENTERS team is innovative, entrepreneurial, trail-blazing, and ambitious for both CENTERS and our clients. Today, CENTERS provides management services for 11 clients.
Responsible for the hiring, training, scheduling, and providing performance feedback of fitness floor attendants.
Assist with planning and facilitation of monthly staff meetings for part-time staff.
- Assist with day-to-day operations of the Recreation & Fitness Center.
- Conduct daily facility inspections of all informal and programming areas and assist in maintaining cleanliness of the facility.
- Assist with all facility rentals, set-ups and tear downs.
- Assist with executing preventative maintenance plan for all fitness and facility equipment.
- Assist in organizing and creating all part-time employee initiatives, including end of the banquets and staff activities.
Assist in maintaining student development programs, including Employee of the month.
- Collaborate with full time staff members to provide training including student employee orientation, emergency response, conflict resolution, and customer service for part-time staff.
Ensure high standards of facility maintenance and cleanliness.
- Maintain updates to operations staff manuals and training procedures.
- Attend and serve as an active member of various department committees.
- Assist with the annual budget to include preparation, forecasting and monitoring of expense and revenue as it relates to area of responsibility.
- Prepare regular written communication such as monthly and annual reports and participation reports.
- Contribute written work performance evaluations of all fitness floor attendants once a semester.
- Participate in regular department meetings.
Attend all required trainings.
- Maintain the highest level of proficiency in facility policies, emergency response, and EAP.
- Assist with the All-Staff Trainings.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
- Evening/Weekend work responsibility as required.
Hold regular office hours each week.
- Acceptance to a Master’s degree program at Jax State University
- Preferred 3.0 GPA or higher
- At least 1-2 years of progressive experience in recreation management
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of Daxko Rec Automation software preferred
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Valid CPR,AED and First Aid Certification prior to first day of work
- Current Certification as American Red Cross CPR/First Aid Instructor (or ability/willingness to obtain within 90 days of employment).
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a professional team that collaborates effectively with colleagues
- Ability to thrive in an environment that values entrepreneurial spirit, high expectations, accountability, and balanced lifestyles
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
Office environment/fitness center environment
Moderate to loud noise
Interact with large groups on a daily basis
Standing or walking for at least 50% of the work day
Repetitive wrist, hand, or finger movement (while operating computer equipment)
Occasional bending, stooping
Eye-hand coordination (keyboard typing)
Hearing and talking