The Fund for Public Health in New York City (FPHNYC) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that is dedicated to the advancement of the health and well-being of all New Yorkers. To this end, in partnership with the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH), FPHNYC incubates innovative public health initiatives implemented by DOHMH to advance community health throughout the city. It facilitates partnerships, often new and unconventional, between government and the private sector to develop, test, and launch new initiatives. These collaborations speed the execution of demonstration projects, effect expansion of successful pilot programs, and support rapid implementation to meet the public health needs of individuals, families, and communities across New York City.
The Bureau of the Agency Chief Contracting Officer (ACCO) partners with personnel throughout the Agency to procure quality goods and services, at fair and reasonable prices, in accordance with the City Charter, Procurement Policy Board Rules and Directives issued by the Mayor’s Office of Contract Services. ACCO provides training, written and verbal technical assistance, and creative solutions to ensure that the procurement needs of DOHMH are met in a responsible manner.
42 09 28th Street, LIC, NY 11101
The Bureau of the Agency Chief Contracting Officer (ACCO) within the Division of Finance is seeking to hire a Procurement Coordinator. With a staff of more than 6,000 and a budget of $1.6 billion, the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene is the nation’s premier local health agency. Its more than 100 programs protect and promote the health of the world’s most culturally and linguistically diverse city.
DUTIES WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
- Carry out all procurement activities in full compliance with New York City procurement rules and laws, and in accordance with procedures established in the DOHMH ACCO's Office.
- Process non-competitive procurements: contract awards, amendments, modifications, and renewals, to ensure strict compliance with timelines and all relevant rules, regulations, and practices.
- Prepare Pre-Solicitation Review, Recommendation for Award, Responsibility Determinations, and other documentation required by the City of New York to support the procurement and contract award processes.
- Utilize Agency and Citywide (PASSPort, FMS) systems to process and track procurement actions.
- Communicate with vendors to request required procurement documents, review submitted documents for completion and compliance with procurement rules and ensure that documents are appropriately routed.
- Coordinate and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders at all levels as necessary in the successful coordination of the procurement process.
- Prepare and submit contract packages to the NYC Comptroller for registration via PASSPort and/or hardcopy as appropriate.
- Assist with internal file management (both hard-copy and digital) related to contract and procurement files; ensure that the agency complies with relevant retention rules.
- Effectively manage and identify solutions to challenges. Identify ways to improve internal work methods, processes, and template documents.
- A bachelor’s degree in a related field is required.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
- Salary range is $50,000 - $68,000
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) policy
- Medical, dental, and life insurance with low or no employee contribution
- A retirement savings plan with generous employer contribution
- Flexible spending medical and commuter benefits plan
- Generous and flexible work from home policy with up to three days working at home
- Fun hybrid office environment and passionate team
- Fun all staff events all year round
- Meaningful work at an organization striving to advance health equity and social justice
9:00am – 5:00pm
You must live in New York City Tri-state area (NY, NJ, CT) in order to be considered for a position at FPHNYC.
To apply, upload Resume, including how your experience relates to this position. Applicants who best match the position needs will be contacted.
The Fund for Public Health in New York City is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages a diverse pool of candidates to apply.