ARKANSAS CHILDREN'S IS A TOBACCO FREE WORKPLACE. COVID AND FLU VACCINES ARE REQUIRED. ARKANSAS CHILDREN'S IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL RECEIVE CONSIDERATION FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY OR EXPRESSION, NATIONAL ORIGIN, AGE, DISABILITY, PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS OR ANY OTHER CHARACTERISTIC PROTECTED BY FEDERAL, STATE, OR LOCAL LAWS.
CURRENT EMPLOYEES: Please apply via the internal career site by logging into your
)and search the "Find Jobs" report.
Incorporates all aspects of the Clinical Laboratory Scientist I. Demonstrates a competent level of laboratory skills. Performs a variety of laboratory tests to obtain data for use in diagnosis and treatment of disease.
Required Work Experience:
Recommended Work Experience:
Related Field - 1 year of experience
1 of the following certifications is required - , Must obtain within 1 year - Must obtain within 1 year
Medical Technologist (MT-AMT) - American Medical Technologists (AMT), Medical Technologist (MT-ASCP) - American Society for Clinical Pathology, Medical Technologist (MT-NCA) - American Society for Clinical Pathology
1. Performs laboratory procedures then calculates, transcribes and records test results.
2. Prepares and manages specimens for analysis, refers results to Pathology, correlates results and communicates and documents findings in systems and via reports.
3. Identifies normal vs. abnormal results; communicates and documents critical values to the appropriate caregiver.
4. Performs quality control testing procedures and evaluates data, taking necessary corrective actions.
5. Performs manual results review and Proficiency Testing.
6. Performs maintenance and/or calibration procedures on laboratory instruments and/or equipment then troubleshoots instruments and/or test system malfunctions.
7. Assumes responsibility for workflow and complies with hospital and laboratory policies and procedures.
8. Inventories supplies, reagents and specimens, stock levels and stock rotations.
9. Provides research, development, and/or validation of new policies, procedures and/or instruments.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.