Controls & Processes Manager - Job Description
As a part of Corporate Accounting this position is responsible for maintaining various elements of the Internal Control Environment for the Company and ensuring all risks both key and non-key are appropriately mitigated. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Developing, organizing, planning, and maintaining global Sarbanes-Oxley SOX documentation for various processes, and ensuring an adequate internal control environment exists and is operating effectively and efficiently to mitigate the risk of financial misstatement. This includes identifying and assessing business and operational risks on a continuous basis and identifying internal controls to mitigate identified risks
- proactively identifying changes in the Company's organization or strategy such as acquisitions, divestitures, etc. and effectively communicating to leadership team recommendations as to the impact these changes would have on ICFR control-self assessment process sub-certification process and related software tools.
- The team member may also be responsible for understanding maintaining and developing IT controls that support the SOX documentation. Additionally, this role will be involved in the effort to implement all necessary changes to the control environment and related documentation as they are deemed necessary.
- The team member will need to be able to proactively develop and communicate intelligent viable scalable solutions when controls are deemed deficient, inefficient, or ineffective in addressing risks.
- Execute oversight and support in designing planning and administering the global SOX control self-assessment process, as well as the quarterly certification process.
- facilitate education on the Company's global SOX procedures including the control-self assessment and sub-certification processes and related software tools to all business units and applicable team members.
- monitoring segregation of duties SOD conflicts within the general ledger system and across all other SOX relevant applications; and other duties and ad-hoc requests as deemed necessary.
This position will be recognized as a subject matter expert on controls, SOX, and ICFR, and would be responsible for keeping current with new or proposed changes to PCAOB, COSO, or other related regulatory guidance. This position will also be responsible for the training and development of team members in all positions that support the Company's Internal Control Environment. This role will work closely with Auditing Services and the Company's external audit firm to ensure compliance with SOX regulations and reporting requirements. This position may also be responsible for understanding maintaining and developing IT controls that support the SOX documentation.
Education: Bachelor's degree in an academic field directly related and essential to this job. Business, Accounting, or Finance degree preferred. Master's degree is a plus.
Experience: 6 plus years of progressive experience in financial accounting, internal controls, audit, or comparable experience; or advanced degree with 4 plus years of progressive experience. Public accounting experience a plus.
Computer Skills : Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office tools e.g. Word Excel Power Point Visio etc. Knowledge of SAP including SAP GRC and Tyson legacy systems a plus.
Communication Skills : Strong written presentation and verbal communication skills required.
Special Skills: Certified Public Accountant or Certified Internal Auditor preferred but not required.
Supervisory: Position will not be directly responsible for managing other team members.
Travel: 0 to 2 domestic trips per year may be requested.
Relocation Assistance Eligible:
1ST SHIFT (United States of America)
Hourly Applicants ONLY -You must complete the task after submitting your application to provide additional information to be considered for employment.
Tyson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, national origin, color, religion, age, genetics, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
We provide our team members and their families with paid time off; 401(k) plans; affordable health, life, dental, vision and prescription drug benefits; and more.
CCPA Notice. If you are a California resident, and would like to learn more about what categories of personal information we collect when you apply for this job, and how we may use that information, please read our CCPA Job Applicant Notice at Collection, click here .