CNA Nightshift Sign-on Bonus $4000!!
07 Mar 2023
Elk River Health and Rehab @ Winchester
Apply for this job
Perform direct resident care duties under the supervision of licensed nursing personnel. Assist with promoting a compassionate physical and psychosocial environment for the residents.
Essential Job Functions
This facility expects their employees to promote an atmosphere of teamwork with other employees and hospitality and comfort for its residents. Therefore, the following list of duties is not all-inclusive:
- Provide personal care (i.e., grooming, bathing, dressing, oral care, etc.) of residents daily and as needed.
- Change bed linen and maintain appropriate grooming supplies in resident room on a regular basis.
- Ambulate and transfer residents, utilizing appropriate assistive devices and body mechanics.
- Record resident vital signs, weights and measurements, intake and output, food consumption, and other information as assigned.
- Routinely turn and position residents as necessary.
- Observe residents carefully and report changes in condition to Charge Nurse.
- Recognize a resident’s ability to make choices and support these within the constraints of the care giving environment.
- Participate in collecting data needed for the accurate completion of the MDS and the plan of care. Provide input to the nurses for development of the plan of care.
- Provide adequate hydration to residents at regular intervals each day according to specific residents’ needs.
- Prepare residents for each meal and transport to dining room (unless resident on bed rest) making sure that food tray is accessible, self-help devices are available (if needed), and assistance is provided to those residents who cannot feed themselves.
- Keep an accurate record of food intake and output, as directed.
- Maintain established housekeeping standards within assigned duty areas.
- Assist nursing staff with the basics of aseptic and sterile techniques to avoid infection of residents and self-contamination of equipment and supplies.
- Be alert for proper ventilation, temperature, light and noise control.
- Take TPR, blood pressure, weighing of residents, etc. as directed.
- Promptly answer call lights and other resident needs.
- Utilize proper body mechanics when lifting or transporting residents.
- Assist in the orientation and training of other staff, as requested.
- Attend in-service education programs in order to meet facility educational requirements.
- Be familiar with Standard Precautions, Exposure Control Plan, Fire Drill & Evacuation Procedures and know how to use the information.
- Protect residents from neglect, mistreatment, and abuse.
- Protect the personal property of the residents of the facility.
- Must adhere to attendance standards per Attendance Policy.
- Others as directed by the supervisor or administrator.
- Current Nursing Assistant Certification from state.
- Maintain CPR Certification
- High School Graduate or GED
- Currently attending a CNA class working toward certification. (May not work non-certified for more than four (4) months).
- Organized and detailed in work performance.
- Good communication skills with excellent self-discipline and patience.
- Genuine caring for and interest in elderly and disabled people in a nursing facility.
- Comply with Resident’ Rights and Facility Policies and Procedures.
- Perform work tasks within the physical demand requirements as outlined below.
- Perform Essential Duties as outlined above.
- Subject to frustrations in meeting work demands due to frequent interruptions.
- Fast paced, required to make decisions quickly.
- Involved with residents, personnel, visitors, government agencies/personnel, etc., under all conditions and circumstances.
- May work beyond normal duty hours, on weekends, and in other positions temporarily, when necessary.
- Subject to call-back during emergency conditions (e.g., severe weather, evacuation, post-disaster, etc.).
- Subject to exposure to infectious waste, diseases, conditions, etc., including TB and the AIDS and Hepatitis B viruses.
- May be subject to the handling of and exposure to hazardous chemicals.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, PRN
- 401(k) matching
- Continuing education credits
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Long term care
- Nursing home
- CNA (Required)
- CPR Certification (Preferred)
Work Location: In person
Help us keep our content clean, is there anything wrong with this job? Please report it and we'll update or remove it.
What issue did you find on this job?